Stephanie acts for a broad range of clients, both provincial and federal, in the public and private sectors. She advocates on behalf of clients and provides strategic advice on all aspects of workplace law, including human rights.
Stephanie regularly represents clients at arbitration, before the BC Labour Relations Board and the BC Human Rights Tribunal. Her advocacy brings her before the British Columbia Courts (both levels) and various federal tribunals. She is frequently asked to conduct bullying/harassment investigations.
Stephanie is highly effective on her feet. She is a persuasive advocate for her clients, adept at drilling down to identify a case’s winning argument, which has resulted in an impressive track record of successful outcomes. Stephanie is also a skillful negotiator and creative problem solver. A categorical people person, Stephanie’s clients know her to be collaborative, attentive, and emotionally intelligent.
Stephanie started her labour and employment law career at Taylor Jordan Chafetz (TJC) in 2001, becoming a partner in January 2008. Together with her colleagues from TJC, Stephanie joined Harris in December 2014.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- “Managing Performance Of Employees With Mental Health And Addiction Disabilities”, (panelist), Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of BC & Yukon Annual Conference, May 2018
- “Psychiatric And Psychological Disabilities: Prescriptions For Obtaining Mental Health Information”, (panelist), Labour Arbitration and Policy Conference, Lancaster House, November 2016
- “Toxic Personalities At Work: Investigating Harassment, Cultivating A Respectful Workplace”, Workshop, Lancaster House, November 2015
- “Accommodation Or Discipline; A Step by Step Guide To Dealing With Disability Related Misconduct”, Workshop, Lancaster House, March 2015
- “The Tipping Point In The Duty To Accommodate”, Western Labour & Employee Relations Forum, Insight Information, January 2015
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, Employment Law, Human Rights Law, and Labour Law sections, Canadian Bar Association, BC branch
Year of Call
- British Columbia, 2001
- Roll of Solicitors of England and Wales, 1998
- LLB, University of Birmingham, England, 1994
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, College of Law, London, England, 1998
- Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law & Practice, University of Bristol, 1999