Ryan practices in all areas of workplace law and in civil litigation. He has assisted in arbitrations and matters before all levels of court in British Columbia, and the Human Rights Tribunal. Prior to joining Harris, Ryan was a clerk for Justice Fitch and Justice Goepel of the British Columbia Court of Appeal and the Yukon Court of Appeal.
Ryan was in the Dual J.D. program and received both his Canadian and American law degrees from the University of Windsor and the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law. During law school Ryan was the Program Coordinator for Windsor Law’s Pro Bono Students Canada chapter, participated and coached in the Bowman National Tax Moot, and interned for the Honorable Judge Robert H. Cleland at the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
Ryan brings a client centered approach to his practice of law by putting himself into his client’s shoes and viewing the legal issue from their perspective. He enjoys getting to know and understand his client’s needs and objectives to best help solve their legal issue.
- Frank Murphy Honor Society, 2021
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch
- Member, American Bar Association
Year of Call
- British Columbia, 2022
- New York, 2023
- Yukon, 2023
- Juris Doctor, University of Windsor, 2021
- Juris Doctor, University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, cum laude, 2021
- MA, Globalization Studies, McMaster University, 2016
- BA (Hons), Justice, Political Philosophy and Law, summa cum laude, McMaster University, 2016