Nicole’s practice focuses on day-to-day employment advice and representation of clients in both commercial and employment litigation.
Nicole regularly advises clients on a wide range of employment issues, including employment contracts, terminations, wrongful and constructive dismissal claims, statutory employment obligations, and human rights issues. In her litigation practice, she has appeared before the Provincial Court of British Columbia, the Supreme Court of British Columbia, and the Court of Appeal.
Nicole is personable, smart, and even-tempered. She takes a thoughtful and practical approach to her practice, working efficiently and collaboratively to find the best solutions for her clients. Although Nicole is a tireless advocate for her clients in litigation, she also understands the importance of providing proactive advice to help her clients avoid disputes before they arise.
Before joining Harris, Nicole worked as a commercial litigator in Toronto at a large national firm.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- “Mitigation – Law and Practice”, (panellist), Employment Law Section Meeting, The Canadian Bar Association BC Branch, May 2018
- “Issues in Mitigation”, (co-presenter), Employment Law Conference, Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia, May 2018
- “Key Employment Issues”, CDSPI ‘Own Your Future – Five Perspectives On Buying A Dental Practice’ conference, October 2017
- “Issues In Mitigation”, (co-author), Employment Law Conference, The Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia, May 2018.
- “IMPACT: Labour Law & Management Practices”, (co-author), Canada Law Book, 2015 – present
- “Is Honesty The Best Policy? The Impact Of The Duty Of Honest Performance On Employment Law”, (co-author), Employment Law Conference, The Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia, May 2015
Professional & Community Involvement
- Employment Law Subsection Executive, Canadian Bar Association, BC branch, 2018 – 2019
- Member, Civil Litigation – Vancouver and Employment Law sections, Canadian Bar Association, BC branch
- Member, Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of British Columbia and Yukon
Year of Call
- British Columbia, 2011
- Ontario, 2009
- LLB, Dalhousie University, 2008
- BA, McGill University, 2005