No firm in British Columbia is better positioned to support you through strategic planning, collective bargaining and disputes. Harris & Company has been recognized by the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory and Best Lawyers in Canada as the leading management-side labour firm in Vancouver. We are also the largest employer-side labour law firm in Western Canada.
We provide a full spectrum of labour law services to public and private sector clients including the following:
- Advising during organization drives by unions;
- Being the spokesperson during collective bargaining and/or advising on strategy;
- Employers’ representative during grievance and interest arbitrations;
- Representing employers at both provincial and federal labour boards, at employment standards tribunals and at all levels of courts, both federal and provincial, as well as the Supreme Court of Canada;
- Labour dispute contingency planning;
- Obtaining orders restricting picketing and setting essential service levels;
- Advising on managing employees in a unionized environment, including managing performance, behaviour and attendance;
- Drafting and advising on implementation of company policies and manuals;
- Corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions; and
- Advising on all labour issues flowing from such changes.
We have negotiated hundreds of collective agreements across B.C. and Canada, and we are well-versed in all aspects of collective bargaining, within the context of both the B.C. Labour Relations Code and the Canada Labour Code. We do what it takes to protect and strengthen your union relationships while working towards your desired outcome. The core of our practice is to strike a balance between your interests and an achievable outcome.
We have a large, integrated team with deep expertise in every aspect of labour law and can provide answers quickly. We draw from a deep knowledge of the law and experience, responding quickly and effectively so that you can focus on your business, objectives or enterprise.
Whenever possible and when time permits, our approach is to provide proactive advice to avoid arbitrations and to resolve those that do proceed in a timely and cost-effective manner. However, where resolution cannot be attained, our lawyers bring principled and passionate representation to the defense of our clients’ interests in arbitration.