Sari has practiced for over 20 years in the areas of labour relations, human rights, and employment law. She defends employers before arbitration boards, human rights tribunals, labour relations boards and other administrative tribunals, and at the Supreme Court of British Columbia and the BC Court of Appeal.
In her labour practice, she works primarily with public sector clients ranging from boards of education and health authorities to transportation authorities and post-secondary institutions, as well as non-profit societies and private sector clients within the healthcare field. Believing in a preventative approach, Sari presents regularly at seminars and conferences on education law, labour, employment and human rights issues.
In her education practice, Sari advises boards of education, independent schools and post-secondary institutions on a broad range of issues involving students, parents, employees and board governance matters.
Sari’s thoughtful, efficient, knowledgeable approach is based on her deep experience in the education and health sectors, and her understanding of the issues within labour law and human rights. Sari works through every problem thoroughly to find the right solutions.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- “Schools And The Digital World: Navigating A Changing Landscape”, Canadian Association for the Practical Study of Law in Education (CAPSLE), April 2015
- “Is Your Paperwork In Order? Developing Effective Contracts, Forms And Policies” and“An Ounce Of Prevention: International Education And Legal Liabilities”, Canadian Association of Public Schools International (CAPS-I) Conference, May 2014
- “Mobile Telephones: Challenges And Legal Issues For Schools”, Canadian Association for the Practical Study of Law in Education (CAPSLE), April 2014
- “Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation – Potential Implications For Your School”, (co-author), RiskEd, September 2014
Professional & Community Involvement
- Instructor, Pacific Coast University for Workplace Health Science and National Institute of Disability Management
- Member, Human Rights Law and Labour Law sections, Canadian Bar Association, BC branch