Jessica is a detail-oriented lawyer who works hard to find creative and practical solutions to her clients’ labour and employment issues. She advises and represents employers in both the private and public sector on various workplace issues including labour grievances, employment standards, workplace investigations, employment contracts, and human rights.
Jessica distinguished herself while at law school graduating in the top five percent of her class and earning multiple accolades, including membership into the McAuliffe Honor Society and receiving the Dean’s Recognition Scholarship. Her exemplary performance continued during her first years of practise where she received the Award for Excellence in Labor and Employment Law by the American Bar Association and Bureau of National Affairs and was named a Northern California Rising Star by SuperLawyers in 2013.
Before moving to Vancouver and joining Harris, Jessica practised at a large international firm in their San Francisco office.
- Northern California Rising Star, SuperLawyers, 2013
- Award for Excellence in Labour and Employment Law, American Bar Association/Bureau of National Affairs Inc., 2010
Recent Speaking Engagements
- “The Right to Disconnect: The Darker Side of Flexible Working Arrangements”, (co-presenter), Employment Law Conference 2019, The Continuing Legal Education Society of BC, May 2019
- “Things Employers And Employment Lawyers Don’t Know About Family Law (But Probably Should)”, (panelist), Employment Law Conference 2017, The Continuing Legal Education Society of BC, May 2017
- “Gamification In The Workplace And Its Impact On Employee Privacy”, (co- author), Westlaw Journal Employment (Thomson Reuters), Vol. 28, Issue 6, 2013 at 3
Professional & Community Activities
- Vice-Chair, Reel 2 Real Film Festival, 2016 – present
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
Year of Call
- British Columbia, 2016
- Ontario, 2016
- State Bar of California, 2010
- JD (Cum Laude), University of San Francisco, 2010
- BA (Hons), University of California at Davis, 2005