Alyssa represents public and private sector employers on employment, labour and human rights matters. She advises clients on employment issues, including wrongful dismissals, employment contracts and human rights complaints and assists employers in resolving labour disputes in unionized environments. She has appeared before the BC Labour Relations Board, boards of arbitration, and at all levels of court in British Columbia.
Alyssa became an Associate in May 2018 after completing her articles with the firm. Prior to joining Harris, she worked as a Review Officer (Student Intern) at WorkSafeBC. During law school, Alyssa volunteered as a legal intern for Battered Women Support Services and was the coordinator for a mentorship program for the Allard School of Law’s Centre for Feminist Legal Studies. She also completed the Judicial Externship Program, where she was an intern to judges of the Provincial Court of British Columbia.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Director, Law Courts Inn, 2019 – present
- Employment Law Subsection Executive, Canadian Bar Association, BC branch, 2019 – present
- Referral Counsel, Appeal Pro Bono, 2019
Year of Call
- British Columbia, 2018
- JD, University of British Columbia, 2017
- BA (History), University of Regina, 2013