Alyssa represents public and private sector employers on employment, labour and human rights matters. She advises clients on employment issues, including wrongful dismissals and employment contracts. Alyssa has also assisted employers in resolving labour disputes in unionized environments. She has appeared before the Provincial Court of British Columbia, the Supreme Court of British Columbia, and the Court of Appeal.
Alyssa became an Associate in May 2018 after completing her articles with the firm. Prior to joining Harris, she worked as a Review Officer (Student Intern) at WorkSafeBC. During law school, Alyssa volunteered as a legal intern for Battered Women Support Services and was the coordinator for a mentorship program for the Allard School of Law’s Centre for Feminist Legal Studies. She also completed the Judicial Externship Program, where she was an intern to judges of the Provincial Court of British Columbia.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, BC branch
- Employment Law Subsection Legislative Liaison, Canadian Bar Association, BC branch, 2019
- Director, Lawyers’ Inn Society, 2019
- Referral Counsel, Appeal Pro Bono, 2019
Year of Call
- British Columbia, 2018
- JD, University of British Columbia, 2017
- BA (History), University of Regina, 2013