Alternatively, email your application to Harris at [email protected] and address it to the attention of the Student Committee.
Your application should include the following:
- cover letter
- up-to-date official transcripts from both law school and undergraduate studies
- anticipated upper year courses
- reference letter(s) (optional)
We are looking for candidates who are truly interested in our firm and who have taken the time to prepare a thoughtful and comprehensive application package.
Harris abides by the Vancouver Bar Association articling guidelines, which prescribe the dates for applications, interviews and offers.
To apply for employment law summer student jobs and others, please consider:
2024/2025 Articling Students
- Application Deadline: Friday, June 30, 2023 at 11:59 PM PT
- Intention to Call Emails: Wednesday, July 12, 2023 at 8:00 AM PT – Thursday, July 13, 2023 at 8:00 PM PT
- Interview Call Day: Friday, July 14, 2023 at 8:00 AM PT
- Blackout Period: Monday, July 31, 2023 – Sunday, August 13, 2023
- In-Firm Interview Week: Monday, August 14, 2023 – Wednesday, August 16, 2023
- Job Offer Call Day*: Thursday, August 17, 2023 at 8:00 AM PT (open until Friday, August 18, 2022 at 8:00 AM PT) (*This date remains subject to approval by the Law Society of British Columbia)
2024 Summer Students
- Application Deadline: Wednesday, August 30, 2023 at 11:59 PM PT
- Blackout Period: Tuesday, October 2, 2023 – Sunday, October 22, 2023
- Intention to Call Emails: Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 8:00 AM PT – Wednesday, October 4, 2023 at 8:00 PM PT
- Interview Call Day: Thursday, October 5, 2023 at 8:00 AM PT
- Interview Week: Monday, October 23, 2023 – Wednesday, October 25, 2023
- Job Offer Call Day: Thursday, October 26, 2023 at 8:00 AM PT (open until Friday, October 27, 2023 at 8:00 AM PT)
Please ensure that we receive your application prior to the application deadline date prescribed by the VBA. Applications received after this deadline will not be accepted, except in exigent circumstances.
Once the members of our Student Committee have thoroughly reviewed each application, we contact selected applicants to schedule an interview. Student interviews are typically conducted by three or four members of our Student Committee during the interview week prescribed by the VBA. These interviews generally range from 30 minutes to one hour in duration. Our interviews focus on getting to know you, discussing your interest in our firm, and answering any questions you may have for us about our program, our practice, or Harris & Company in general. Following the interview process, the Student Committee meets to consider all interviewees for summer or articling positions with our firm. Students receiving offers of employment law summer student jobs or articling positions are contacted on the offer date set out by the VBA.