Your application to Harris should be addressed to the attention of the Student Committee and emailed to:
Your application should include the following:
- cover letter
- up-to-date official transcripts from both law school and undergraduate studies
- reference letter(s) (optional)
We are looking for candidates who are truly interested in our firm and who have taken the time to prepare a thoughtful and comprehensive application package.
Harris abides by the Vancouver Bar Association articling guidelines, which prescribe the dates for applications, interviews and offers.
To apply for employment law summer student jobs and others, please consider:
2021/2022 Articling Students
- Application Deadline: Wednesday, September 16, 2020
- ITC (Intention to Call) E-mails: 8am PT on Tuesday, October 6, 2020 to 8pm PT on Wednesday, October 7, 2020
- Interview Call Day: 8am PT on Thursday, October 8, 2020
- Blackout Period: Monday, September 28, 2020 to Sunday, October 18, 2020
- In-Firm Interview Week: Monday, October 19, 2020 to Wednesday, October 21, 2020
- Job Offer Day: 8am PT on Thursday, October 22, 2020
- Law Society of BC Job Offer Date (Law Society Rule 2-58): 8am PT Friday, October 23, 2020
2021 Summer Students
- Application Deadline: Wednesday, January 20, 2021
- ITC (Intention to Call) E-mails: 8am PT on Tuesday, February 23, 2021 to 8pm PT on Wednesday, February 24, 2021
- Interview Call Day: 8am PT on Thursday, February 25, 2021
- Blackout Period: Monday, February 22, 2021 to Sunday, March 7, 2021
- In-Firm Interview Week: Monday, March 8, 2021 to Wednesday, March 10, 2021
- Job Offer Day: 8am PT on Thursday, March 11 2021
Please ensure that we receive your application by email, fax, or mail prior to the application deadline date prescribed by the VBA. Applications received after this deadline will not be accepted, except in exigent circumstances.
Once the members of our Student Committee have thoroughly reviewed each application, we contact selected applicants to schedule an interview. Student interviews are typically conducted by three or four members of our Student Committee during the interview week prescribed by the VBA. These interviews generally range from 30 minutes to one hour in duration. Our interviews focus on getting to know you, discussing your interest in our firm, and answering any questions you may have for us about our program, our practice, or Harris & Company in general. Following the interview process, the Student Committee meets to consider all interviewees for summer or articling positions with our firm. Students receiving offers of employment law summer student jobs or articling positions are contacted on the offer date set out by the VBA.