Your application to Harris should be addressed to the attention of the Student Committee and emailed to:
Your application should include the following:
- cover letter
- up-to-date official transcripts from both law school and undergraduate studies
- reference letter(s) (optional)
We are looking for candidates who are truly interested in our firm and who have taken the time to prepare a thoughtful and comprehensive application package.
Harris abides by the Vancouver Bar Association articling guidelines, which prescribe the dates for applications, interviews and offers.
To apply for employment law summer student jobs and others, please consider:
2021/2022 Articling Students
- Application Deadline: Wednesday, June 30, 2021
- ITC (Intention to Call) Emails: 8:00 a.m. PST on Wednesday, July 14, 2021 to 8:00 p.m. PST on Thursday, July 15, 2021
- Interview Call Day: 8:00 a.m. PST on Friday, July 16, 2021
- Blackout Period: Monday, August 2, 2021 to Sunday, August 15, 2021
- In-Firm Interview Week: Monday, August 16, 2021 to Wednesday, August 18, 2021
- Job Offer Call Day: 8:00 a.m. PST on Thursday, August 19, 2021
- Job “Offer” Day: 8:00 a.m. PST on Friday, August 20, 2021
2021 Summer Students
- Application Deadline: Wednesday, September 1, 2021
- Intention to Call emails: 8:00 a.m. PST on Tuesday, October 5, 2021 to 8:00 p.m. PST on Wednesday, October 6, 2021
- Interview Call Day: 8:00 a.m. PST on Thursday, October 7, 2021
- Blackout Period: Monday, October 4, 2021 to Sunday, October 24, 2021
- In-Firm Interview Week: Monday, October 25, 2021 to Wednesday, October 27, 2021
- Job Offer Day: 8:00 a.m. PST on Thursday, October 28, 2021
Please ensure that we receive your application by email, fax, or mail prior to the application deadline date prescribed by the VBA. Applications received after this deadline will not be accepted, except in exigent circumstances.
Once the members of our Student Committee have thoroughly reviewed each application, we contact selected applicants to schedule an interview. Student interviews are typically conducted by three or four members of our Student Committee during the interview week prescribed by the VBA. These interviews generally range from 30 minutes to one hour in duration. Our interviews focus on getting to know you, discussing your interest in our firm, and answering any questions you may have for us about our program, our practice, or Harris & Company in general. Following the interview process, the Student Committee meets to consider all interviewees for summer or articling positions with our firm. Students receiving offers of employment law summer student jobs or articling positions are contacted on the offer date set out by the VBA.