Your application to Harris should be addressed to the attention of the Student Committee and emailed to:
Your application should include the following:
- cover letter
- up-to-date official transcripts from both law school and undergraduate studies
- reference letter(s) (optional)
We are looking for candidates who are truly interested in our firm and who have taken the time to prepare a thoughtful and comprehensive application package.
Harris abides by the Vancouver Bar Association articling guidelines, which prescribe the dates for applications, interviews and offers.
To apply for employment law summer student jobs and others, please consider:
2020/2021 Articling Students
- Application Deadline: Friday, June 28, 2019
- ITC (Intention to Call) E-mails: 8am PT on Wednesday, July 10, 2019 to 8pm PT on Thursday, July 11, 2019
- Interview Call Day: 8am PT on Friday, July 12, 2019
- Blackout Period: Monday, July 29, 2019 to Sunday, Aug 11, 2019
- In-Firm Interview Week: Monday, August 12, 2019 to Wednesday, August 14, 2019
- Job Offer Call Day: 8am PT on Thursday, August 15, 2019
- Law Society of BC Job Offer Date (Law Society Rule 2-58): 8am Friday, August 16, 2019
2020 Summer Students
- Application Deadline: Wednesday, September 4, 2019
- ITC (Intention to Call) E-mails: 8am PT on Tuesday, October 1, 2019 to 8pm PT on Wednesday, October 2, 2019
- Interview Call Day: 8am PT on Thursday, October 3, 2019
- Blackout Period: Monday, Sept 30, 2019 – Sunday, October 21, 2019
- In-Firm Interview Week: Monday, October 21, 2019 – Wednesday, October 23, 2019
- Job Offer Day: 8am PT on Thursday, October 24, 2019
Please ensure that we receive your application by email, fax, or mail prior to the application deadline date prescribed by the VBA. Applications received after this deadline will not be accepted, except in exigent circumstances.
Once the members of our Student Committee have thoroughly reviewed each application, we contact selected applicants to schedule an interview. Student interviews are typically conducted by three or four members of our Student Committee during the interview week prescribed by the VBA. These interviews generally range from 30 minutes to one hour in duration. Our interviews focus on getting to know you, discussing your interest in our firm, and answering any questions you may have for us about our program, our practice, or Harris & Company in general. Following the interview process, the Student Committee meets to consider all interviewees for summer or articling positions with our firm. Students receiving offers of employment law summer student jobs or articling positions are contacted on the offer date set out by the VBA.