Peter provides advice and representation to employers on human rights matters, collective agreement interpretation, discipline, and collective bargaining strategy. He has negotiated collective agreements on behalf of many of his clients, acting as spokesperson during negotiations. Peter advises and represents clients in aviation, food processing, broadcasting, and education, including boards of education and post-secondary institutions.
Peter has regularly appeared before the Labour Relations Board, Canada Industrial Relations Board, labour arbitration boards in British Columbia and Yukon, Human Rights Tribunals, the Supreme Court of British Columbia, and BC Court of Appeal.
He is an experienced, thorough, and confidence-inspiring counsel. When someone comes to him with a problem, he uses his ability to gather key information from everyone who is directly and indirectly involved in order to build a solid case. Peter particularly enjoys the hardest cases, including terminations, and approaches them with a relentless and tenacious focus. His decades of experience makes him a valuable resource to clients as he expertly guides them through the legal process, representing them well, and making them feel comfortable.
- Recognized Lawyer, Labour and Employment Law, Best Lawyers in Canada, 2006 – present
- Recommended, Labour Relations – Management; Work Human Rights (Employer), Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2012 – present
- Ranked Lawyer, Employment & Labour – British Columbia and Nationwide, Chambers Canada, 2016 – present
- Distinguished, Peer Rated for High Professional Standing, Martindale-Hubbell
- Ranked, Who’s Who Legal Canada – Management Labour & Employment, 2016 – present
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Labour Law section, Canadian Bar Association, BC branch
- Current Member and Former Vice-Chair, Board of Directors, Canadian Mental Health Association, BC Division
- Chair, Governance Committee, Canadian Mental Health Association, BC Division
- Division Representative (British Columbia), Canadian Mental Health Association
Year of Call
- British Columbia, 1978
- LLB, University of British Columbia, 1977
- BComm, University of British Columbia, 1974