Natalia maintains a broad litigation, administrative, and employment and labour practice. In litigation proceedings, Natalia represents clients in injunction applications, contract disputes, constitutional challenges, and various other matters. Her administrative law practice focuses on judicial review applications and advising senior decision-makers on governance issues. She represents and advises clients on a wide range of employment and labour matters, including wrongful dismissal, post-employment competition by former employees, employment standards, and human rights violations.
Natalia provides insightful and strategic advice to clients and works to resolve disputes efficiently. As an advocate, she is ready to proceed to a hearing or trial when in her client’s best interest. Natalia has trial experience and has appeared before the Supreme Court and Provincial Court of British Columbia, Federal Court, and a variety of administrative tribunals.
Natalia serves as a member of various professional organizations and is an executive member of the Canadian Bar Association – Employment Law Section.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- “Accommodation in the Workplace: Managing the Impact of Mental and Physical Health on the Business”, HR Director’s Employment Law Masterclass Vancouver, February 2023
- “Noteworthy Wrongful Dismissal Cases Over the Year”, Association of Corporate Counsel, January 2023
- “The often-overlooked practicalities of termination: Best practices to avoid liability”, Local Government Management Association, June 2022
- “Stay up to date on BC’s Employment Standards Legislation”, First Reference BC Employment Law Conference, September 2021
- “Workplace Surveillance: Monitoring of Employees”, CPHR BC and Yukon, HR Conference and Expo, September 2021
- “Sexual harassment not serious enough to fire worker: BC court”, interview with Canadian HR Reporter, January 2023
- Co-author, “Selected Damages Issues in Wrongful Dismissal”, for The Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia, April 2022
Professional & Community Involvement
- Executive Member, Employment Law Section – Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch
- Member, Hellenic Canadian Lawyers’ Association
- Past Volunteer, Summary Advice Clinic, Access Pro Bono
- Past Co-chair, Marketing and Communications Committee, Women Lawyers Forum