Leah advises clients on workplace law, including employment, labour and human rights matters. Leah enjoys the people-focused nature of workplace law and providing practical advice to clients to help them prevent problems before they arise.
Leah began at Harris in 2019 as a summer student and became an associate with the firm in 2021. Before joining Harris, Leah worked as a labour relations intern for a Crown corporation, as a recruiter in IT staffing and under the Service Canada program for the federal government.
During law school, Leah was a student ambassador and peer tutor. She participated in the Allard School of Law’s Business Law Clinic where she provided advice to small businesses and not-for-profit organizations. Leah received the Tevlin Gleadle Curtis prize in Individual Employment Law and the Stikeman Elliot Award for students with an interest in business law in recognition of her academic achievements.
- Ruth E Cameron Memorial Scholarship, 2020
- Kinu Uchida Memorial Scholarship, 2020
- Tevlin Gleadle Curtis Prize in Individual Employment Law, 2019
- Stikeman Elliott Award, 2018
- Doris Curtis Memorial Scholarship, 2018
- Deputy Ministers’ Award of Excellence, 2017
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch
Year of Call
- British Columbia, 2021
- JD, University of British Columbia, 2020
- BCom (Honours), University of British Columbia, 2017