Kasey is an associate in the Commercial Litigation Group. She has a diverse litigation practice focused on corporate and commercial maters. Kasey’s experience includes experience with complex contract disputes, real estate disputes, shareholder disputes, oppression claims and securities litigation.
Kasey has appeared before the BC Supreme Court, the BC Court of Appeal and has assisted clients in arbitration proceedings.
- Counsel for the developer One West Holdings Ltd. in the successful prosecution of a 34-day trial to recover a commercial parking area unlawfully seized by a strata corporation. The case makes new law on two points: developers do not owe fiduciary duties to condo purchasers; and a legal structure used in BC to allocate tens of thousands of parking stalls is valid and binding.
- Counsel for Concord Pacific Acquisitions Inc. in the successful defense of a five-day summary trial application brought by the owner of the Plaza of Nations land, who sought dismissal of CPAI’s claim for damages (estimated to be in excess of $100 million) arising from an alleged breach of a contract to jointly develop the Plaza of Nations land in Vancouver.
- Counsel for 1397225 Ontario Limited, a company controlled by the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan, in the recovery of unpaid principal, interest and legal costs from the guarantors of a $2.6 million mortgage loan.
- Counsel for a BC mining company and UK based merchant banking company in the successful resolution of a breach of contract and negligent misrepresentation claim.
- Counsel for a large private equity firm in the successful action (advanced in a private arbitration) to recover costs paid under several commercial leases.
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia, 2018 – present
Year of Call
- British Columbia, 2018
- JD, University of British Columbia, 2017