Jaime advises and represents both public and private sector employers on labour, employment, privacy and human rights matters. He has worked with employers in a broad range of industries, including education, construction, food and beverage, forestry, and mining.
Jaime’s aptitude for labour and employment law stems from a life-long interest in psychology and an acute awareness of the human aspect of law. A natural people person with an analytical mind, he concentrates on understanding his clients and their unique workplace dynamics. Jaime sees his role as that of an advisor; he believes that by building strong relationships with his clients he can provide proactive advice and long-term solutions.
Jaime began working at Harris as a summer student and became an associate in May 2016, after completing his articles with the firm. During his time in law school, Jaime was active in numerous legal organizations and was a participant in the Peter Burns Trial Advocacy Moot, receiving the Michael R. Luchenko Award for Excellence in Advocacy, before advancing to the Western Canada Moot Competition (McIntyre Cup). Jaime also received the Hugh Ladner Memorial Prize in Labour Relations, which is given on the recommendation of the University’s Law Faculty to a student who demonstrates excellence in labour relations.
- “Extra Sprinkles: Four Less Common Flavours Of Tort Damages Arising In The Employment Context”, (co-author) Employment Law Conference 2017, The Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia, May 2017
- “A New Interest In Arbitration: Charter Considerations In The Context Of Compulsory Interest Arbitration In Lieu Of The Right To Strike In The Public Sector”, (co-author), Annual Conference, Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers, September 2016
- “The Application Of Solicitor-Client And Litigation Privilege To Statutorily Mandated Internal Investigations”, Employment and Labour Law Reporter, Volume 26, Number 5, 2016
Professional & Community Involvement
- Board of Directors, Kids Up Front (Vancouver Chapter), 2017 – present
- Executive, Hoop-Law Society, 2016 – present
- Member, Employment Law, Human Rights Law, and Labour Law sections, Canadian Bar Association, BC branch
Year of Call
- British Columbia, 2016
- JD, University of British Columbia, 2015