Eric is widely recognized as one of Canada’s leading employment and labour lawyers. He is consistently given top honours in legal ranking directories including Best Lawyers in Canada, Chambers, Lexpert, and the Legal 500, amongst others.
Since beginning his career in 1973, Eric has practiced workplace law exclusively, cofounding Harris & Company in 1992. He has been retained to work in a strategic capacity in a variety of settings, and has represented clients at every level in BC and Canada.
More than offering advice or representation, Eric is called upon to solve unusual problems for his clients. Using his intimate knowledge of the law and his decades of business experience, he provides new approaches and ideas that create solutions in cases which otherwise defy resolution.
- Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada, 2014 – present
- Lawyer of the Year, Labour and Employment Law – Vancouver, Best Lawyers in Canada, 2009, 2016, 2019
- Listed Lawyer, Labour and Employment Law, Best Lawyers in Canada, 2006 – present
- Most Frequently Recommended, Labour Relations – Management, Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2012 – present
- Ranked Lawyer, Employment & Labour – British Columbia and Nationwide, Chambers Canada, 2016 – present
- Ranked Lawyer, Employment & Labour – Canada, Chambers Global, 2011 – present
- Ranked, Labour and Employment, The Legal 500 Canada, 2014 – present
- AV Preeminent, Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence, Martindale Hubbell
- Ranked, Who’s Who Legal Canada – Management Labour & Employment, 2013 – present
- Ranked, Labour & Employment, Who’s Who Legal Labour, Employment & Benefits, 2013 – present
- Justice Institute of BC Foundation Community Leadership Awards, 2013
Professional & Community Activities
- Vice-Chair, Board of Governors, Business Council of British Columbia
- Chair, Board of Directors, Providence Health Care Society
- Board Member, St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation
- Former Director, The Dalai Lama Center for Peace and Education
- Former Senior Vice President, The Jim Pattison Group
- Former Board Member, Justice Institute of BC