As an employment lawyer, Dianne advises clients daily on a wide range of employment law matters, including terminations, wrongful and constructive dismissals, statutory obligations and human rights matters. She has appeared as counsel for clients at the Provincial Court of British Columbia, the Supreme Court of British Columbia, the British Columbia Court of Appeal, and the Supreme Court of Canada. Dianne has also represented employers on a number of leave-to-appeal applications to the Supreme Court of Canada.
A significant portion of Dianne’s practice is dedicated to Occupational Health and Safety Law. In this realm, Dianne provides day to day advise on a range of occupational health and safety (OHS) matters, including workplace health and safety regulatory issues, discriminatory action complaints, workplace investigations, and serious and fatal incidents.
Dianne is personable and genuine; she builds strong relationships with her clients who quickly come to trust her to guide them through challenging cases. She balances her warm personality with an efficiency and determination that makes her effective in a courtroom. When representing clients, she is assertive, courageous, and unflappable.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- “Trending Issues in Workers’ Compensation and Occupational Health and Safety”, Health Authority Occupational Health and Safety Managers Conference, June 2018
- “Occupational Health and Safety Update”, (joint keynote speaker), Health Authority Occupational Health and Safety Managers Conference, June 2017
- “Handling Difficult Conversations within the Dental Office Team”, Thompson Okanagan Dental Society Meeting, October 2016
- “Dental Team Management”, Pacific Dental Conference, March 2016
- Bridge: Employment Law column, (regular contributor), British Columbia Dental Organization Newsletter
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, Canadian Association of Counsel for Employers
- Member, Greater Vancouver Board of Trade