Amanda represents both public and private sector employers in workplace law matters. She takes a thoughtful, detail-oriented approach to finding effective solutions for her clients.
Amanda has assisted clients in a variety of civil litigation proceedings at levels of court in British Columbia, as well as in workers’ compensation and occupational health and safety matters before the WorkSafeBC Review Division and Workers’ Compensation Appeal Tribunal.
She received her Juris Doctor from the University of Victoria in 2016. During her final semester of law school, Amanda held temporary articles at The Law Centre in Victoria, where she managed a broad spectrum of civil and criminal files, and appeared in Provincial Court, representing clients in criminal defence matters.
Prior to joining Harris, Amanda worked as an associate at a leading boutique litigation firm in Vancouver.
- 5-Star Safety Lawyer, Canadian Occupational Safety, 2022
Recent Speaking Engagements
- “Prohibited Action Complaints Under the Workers Compensation Act: Tips and Strategies for an Effective Employer Response”, CPHR Legal Symposium & Showcase Keynote Session, June 2022
Professional & Community Activities
- Director, BC Municipal Safety Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch
- Member, Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers
- Member, Vancouver Bar Association