Understanding the Employment Standards Act is essential for employers in British Columbia. Join us for this foundations workshop as Dianne Rideout and Nicole Toye will provide an overview of the key provisions of the Employment Standards Act, with a focus on recent amendments to the legislation and commonly asked questions regarding employment standards.
By attending the workshop, participants will learn:
- What the Employment Standards Act (ESA) is and who it applies to
- What is in the ESA, including a detailed discussion on:
- Wages, special clothing and records
- Hours of work and overtime
- Vacation and vacation pay
- Statutory holidays
- Termination of employment
- Complaints and enforcement
- What is not covered in the ESA
Participants will have the opportunity to partake in a hands-on activity and learn from frequently asked questions and common mistakes made by employers.
Who should attend?
This workshop is suitable for unionized and non-unionized employers and particularly beneficial for new human resources professionals and those looking for an update on the B.C. Employment Standards Act.
Payment is required to confirm your registration. A $50 cancellation fee per person will be charged if you cancel your registration less than 5 business days before the event. A refund will not be issued if you do not advise us of your cancellation before the event.
The Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of British Columbia and Yukon (CPHR) has pre-approved this seminar for 3.50 continuing professional development (CPD) hours.
- Type Workshop
- Date October 24, 2019
- Time 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Location Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver, 645 Howe Street, Vancouver, BC
- Cost $400 + GST per person
- Includes Continental breakfast, refreshments and materials