This interactive intro/refresher course provides freedom of information coordinators with basic training in handling access requests. During the seminar, Suzanne Kennedy, Partner, will explore the compliance and legislative requirements for processing access requests under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).
By attending this seminar, participants will learn:
- The duty to assist, calculating time and conducting records searches
- When and how to assess a fee
- To understand and apply discretionary exceptions to disclosure
- How to protect third party interests and apply the mandatory exceptions to disclosure
- How to deal with difficult applicants
- How to be prepared for ‘The Request For Review’
This course is suitable for FOI Coordinators working for public sector organizations.
Participants will have the opportunity to participate in an interactive session and receive a practical resource guide including checklists and templates.
Payment is required to confirm your registration. A $50 cancellation fee per person will be charged if you cancel your registration less than 5 business days before the event. Refunds will not be issued for no-shows.
The Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of British Columbia and Yukon (CPHR) has pre-approved this seminar for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours.
- Type Seminar
- Date February 27, 2019
- Time 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Location Bentall 5 Conference Centre, Ground Floor, 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC
- Cost $380 + GST per person
- Includes Continental breakfast, refreshments and printed materials