In this introductory seminar, Harris Partner Alan Winter will take employers through the various stages of collective bargaining, offering practical insights into the process and strategies to deal with procedural and substantive bargaining issues that often arise during negotiations.
This seminar will help employers improve their understanding of key issues including:
- What preparation is required before proceeding with negotiations
- Planning the timing of negotiations and successful approaches in the bargaining relationship
- Priorities of union’s bargaining proposals and how to manage different parties’ expectations
- Use of mediation and other considerations to reach an agreement
- What happens after negotiations and the importance of debriefs
Attendance for this session is strictly limited to offer participants a practical and interactive learning experience. This intro seminar is particularly suitable for professionals new to this area of law or those looking for a refresher.
Payment is required to confirm your registration. A $50 cancellation fee per person will be charged if you cancel your registration less than 5 business days before the event. Refunds will not be issued for no-shows.
The Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of British Columbia and Yukon (CPHR) has pre-approved this seminar for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours.
- Type Seminar
- Date February 22, 2019
- Time 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Location Harris & Company LLP, 14th Floor, 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC
- Cost $400 + GST per person
- Includes Continental breakfast, refreshments and printed materials