A successful grievance and arbitration outcome requires a collaborative effort between the client and lawyer and often depends on the effectiveness and completeness of the initial investigation. Managing the process from the moment the issue arises is the key to success!
In this workshop, we will provide participants with a practical guide to navigate the process from the moment the issue arises, through the investigation and grievance procedure, to the eventual arbitration. We will focus on critical steps in the process and will provide invaluable tips on conducting an effective investigation, gathering and preserving the evidence, and on how best to support your lawyer when the case proceeds to arbitration.
The key learning objectives of this workshop include:
- Understanding the key components of the grievance and arbitration process.
- Understanding the role of the client, the union and legal counsel.
- Conducting effective investigations, including conducting witness interviews.
- Identifying, gathering and preserving evidence.
- Learning how the client can best support legal counsel to achieve success.
Who should attend?
This workshop is suitable for human resources and labour relations professionals who are responsible for managing labour disputes in the workplace. Our aim is to empower clients to manage labour disputes effectively and with minimal interruption to labour relations and business operations. We welcome all levels of experience.
Payment is required to confirm your registration. A $50 cancellation fee per person will be charged if you cancel your registration less than 5 business days before the event. A refund will not be issued if you do not advise us of your cancellation before the event.
The Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of British Columbia and Yukon (CPHR) has pre-approved this seminar for 3.50 continuing professional development (CPD) hours.
- Type Workshop
- Date November 8, 2019
- Time 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Location Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver, 645 Howe Street, Vancouver, BC
- Cost $400 + GST per person
- Includes Continental breakfast, refreshments and printed materials