This three-part series will take place online and includes the following sessions:
- Session #1 – Immigration Due Diligence for Employers
September 27, 2023 at 9 AM – 10.30AM
- Session #2 – Basics of Employer-Specific Immigration Applications – What You Need to Know about Employer Compliance Filing and Labour Market Impact Assessment
October 25, 2023 at 9 AM – 11AM
- Session #3 – Immigration Inspection
November 29, 2023 at 9 AM – 10.30AM
Our three-part Employer Immigration Training Series is designed for HR professionals, hiring managers and recruiters with a focus on the following:
- Learn the basics of immigration law as it applies to employers when hiring foreign workers, including employers’ legal obligations under the Immigration and
Refugee Protection Act and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations as well as relevant provincial legislation when hiring temporary foreign workers in Canada;
- Discover the importance of due diligence required of all employers when hiring foreign workers, including verifying the validity of legal status of foreign workers and
some common ethical scenarios that may arise;
- Acquire the basics of employer-specific applications involved when hiring foreign workers, such as employer compliance filing, labour market impact assessment (LMIA) including program requirements, process, common pitfalls to avoid and best practice tips for employers; and
- Gain an understanding of Immigration compliance obligations for employers, what to anticipate when you are being inspected for immigration compliance, fines and penalties under the Administrative Monetary Penalty System, and recommendations for immigration compliance.
We will also provide attendees with detailed guidance on the specific steps that can be taken to ensure compliance with immigration legislation, as well as with our proprietary practice tools such as relevant checklists and template documents that will be of guide to employers.
This webinar series has been approved for continuing professional development (CPD) hours by the Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of British Columbia and Yukon (CPHR). You can also claim CPD credits with the Law Society of BC.
- Type Webinar
- Date Wednesday, September 27, 2023
- Time 9:00 am - 11:00 am
- Location Online
- Cost $450 plus GST per session
- Includes Slide deck, handouts, access to the recording for 30 days.