Access to information and privacy breaches frequently make the headlines and provide challenging issues for public bodies, and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) legislation adds a level of complexity which can be difficult to navigate.
Our interactive workshop is designed to provide HR professionals and privacy officers in public sector organizations with the tools they need to review their access to information and privacy management practices, and implement a framework in line with FIPPA.
By the end of the workshop, participants will gain an understanding of the statutory regime including key privacy and access principles, oversight and the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner (OIPC). They will also learn:
- How to manage access to information challenges and respond to access requests
- What are the exceptions to disclosure
- How to deal with problem applicants, including practical strategies for managing complaints and requests for review
- How to manage privacy compliance issues and implement recommended record retention practices
- What are the restrictions on cross-border storage and access of personal information
- How to address and manage privacy breaches and privacy impact assessments
Payment is required to confirm your registration. A $50 cancellation fee per person will be charged if you cancel your registration less than 5 business days before the event. A refund will not be issued if you do not advise us of your cancellation before the event.
The Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of British Columbia and Yukon (CPHR) has pre-approved this seminar for 3.50 continuing professional development (CPD) hours.
- Type Workshop
- Date November 6, 2019
- Time 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Location Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver, 645 Howe Street, Vancouver, BC
- Cost $400 + GST per person
- Includes Continental breakfast, refreshments and printed materials