This labour-intensive industry sees a wide variety of employment and labour issues. The sheer volume of staff required increases the chances of workplace issues and high employee turnover poses challenges around recruitment and training. The workforce is also highly diverse in skillset as they must perform a variety of functions, making operations complex and nuanced.
Our clients include:
- hotels and resorts
- casinos, and
- conference and sporting facilities.
We have experience in assisting HR departments with all aspects of managing a diverse and ever-changing workforce within this industry. This includes the full range of employment and labour law services. We also appreciate the need to deal with such issues quickly and efficiently.
Our services include:
- investigations, discipline and termination
- human rights
- occupational Health & Safety
- workers Compensation claims
- training to pro-actively manage or avoid potential workforce issues.
- advice on consolidation of workforces
- transitioning to new technology and the effect on the workforce.
Additionally, we work closely with our Privacy Law Group to advise hospitality and gaming clients on this area, and our litigation department assists our clients in managing disputes that might arise.