Harris is the largest employment law firm in Western Canada. We’ve been practising employment law since the firm began in 1992. This has resulted in a remarkable body of knowledge, legal expertise, and practical experience.
Our clients include public bodies and private sector businesses, in a wide range of industries. It’s important to know the law, but it’s even more critical to connect actions to longer-term strategic outcomes. We take the time to understand the culture and business climate of each of our clients, allowing us to find solutions that meet our clients’ broader goals.
We provide employment law advice on issues such as:
- Employment agreements;
- Contractor agreements;
- Employees’ post-employment obligations and restrictive covenants, including non-competition and non-solicitation provisions
- Employment policies, employee handbooks, and codes of conduct;
- Investigations into complaints of employee misconduct or harassment;
- Employee terminations;
- Wrongful dismissal claims;
- Unjust dismissal and employment standards complaints;
- Injunction applications including those regarding unlawful picketing or breach of post-employment obligations;
- Appeals to the BC Court of Appeal, the Federal Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada; and
- Disability plan administration, including disputes over overpayment of benefits, coverage and denial of claims.