Robyn combines an extensive civil litigation practice with relevant experience in employment law. She has advised and represented clients in a variety of sectors with complex corporate and commercial litigation issues, including professional regulatory matters, contractual disputes, shareholder disputes, negligence, breaches of trust and fiduciary duties, and civil fraud. Robyn’s employment law work has included acting on behalf of employers and employees with respect to wrongful dismissals, human rights complaints, and discrimination claims as well as providing general advice on a variety of employment related matters. Robyn also has experience conducting commercial arbitrations under the Commercial Arbitration Act.
Although she has successfully settled numerous files, Robyn does not hesitate to take matters to trial when appropriate and has argued before all levels of court in British Columbia. Her trial experience also includes a brief position as Crown Prosecutor while on secondment to the Ministry of the Attorney General.
Before joining Harris in 2016, Robyn was a partner at one of Vancouver’s leading litigation firms.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- “Leaving The Stone Age Behind – Conducting An Effective Cross Examination In The Electronic Era”, Canadian Bar Association Skilled Lawyer Series, March 2015
- “Technology On Trial”, (co-presenter), Civil Litigation Conference, The Continuing Legal Education Society of BC, March 2015
Professional & Community Activities
- Vice President, Lawyers’ Inn Society, 2018 – present
- Director, Lawyers’ Inn Society, 2015 – present
- Member, Civil Litigation – Vancouver and Employment Law sections, Canadian Bar Association, BC branch