Recreational cannabis is now legalized, leaving many organizations concerned about their workplace obligations, particularly where impairment is suspected. Join us for this workshop which focuses on providing managers, supervisors and HR professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to respond to the use of cannabis by employees.
Harris associate Brad Cocke will discuss key issues during this interactive workshop, including:
- Cannabis basics – from illicit drugs to legal medicine
- How to react when you suspect an employee is impaired at work
- How to conduct an effective investigation
- Appropriate responses – whether to discipline or accommodate
- How to draft and introduce effective policies
Payment is required to confirm your registration. A $50 cancellation fee per person will be charged if you cancel your registration less than 5 business days before the event. A refund will not be issued if you do not advise us of your cancellation before the event, or if you do not show up to the event.
The Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of British Columbia and Yukon (CPHR) has pre-approved this seminar for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours.
- Type Seminar
- Date June 17, 2019
- Time 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Location Kelowna Yacht Club, Spinnaker Room, 1370 Water Street, Kelowna, BC, V1Y 1J1
- Cost $380 + GST per person
- Includes Continental breakfast, refreshments and printed materials