An employee who raises a health or safety issue in the workplace, and is penalized by the employer for doing so, may have grounds for filing a ‘Discriminatory Action Complaint’ under the Workers Compensation Act.
In this webinar, Lana Tsang will discuss:
- What constitutes as a ‘discriminatory action’, and the test considered by WorkSafeBC
- How an employer can respond to a discriminatory action complaint, and
- Strategies and best practices for an employer to defend against, or at least minimize the risk of, a discriminatory action complaint.
The Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of British Columbia and Yukon (CPHR) has pre-approved this webinar for 1 continuing professional development (CPD) credit.
- Type Webinar
- Date April 16, 2019
- Time 8:00 am - 9:00 am
- Location Online (GoToWebinar)
- Cost Complimentary
- Includes Online materials